Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Day Glowing with Ordinary Things

Awesome : Everyday Ordinariness (is that even a word? :-P)

I received this little paragraph from Story People just a few days ago, and I really liked it, especially the first half :

Perfect Day

It was a day filled with the glow of ordinary things & we passed them quietly from hand to hand for a long time & someone said she had picked a perfect day to be born & I think all of us felt the same.

So today was a great example of an ordinary life - it's been really, really hot (the cool change hit about 2 hours ago - yay!), I had to have my gestational diabetes test (a sweet, sweet drink and then a blood test - standard procedure), picked up the kids from the grandparents, came home and watched 'Up' and then lazed around for an hour or two, with Jude falling asleep on me. It really has been too hot to do anything excessively creative, although I do have a little elephant 75% finished. Maybe it will be completed tomorrow..

Take care xx

No comments: