This weekend has been fantastic. I spent the day yesterday with Dan & my friend Jude, perusing the Life In Style trade show at Flemington Racecourse. It included a free 10 minute massage which was blissful and so much eye candy and inspiration. I bought two pieces of art from a Sydney artist - I just loved them, and with art, I always believe that you should go with your gut feeling. And with these, my gut said 'don't leave here without it' :-P. If you would like to check out some of his work, his website is www.studiooat.com.au.
When I got home, I was all inspired. So I jumped online and found a cybercrop at Scrap Therapy for a little bit of guidance, tuned into my ipod (while hubby watched the footy) and created this layout entitled "Port Arthur".
Then this morning, I completed another challenge with this layout entitled "Could this be love?" using new SEI Poppy products which are REALLY lovely and bright.
I might even play a bit more tonight. I would love to get the August 1,2,3 challenge done, as I've already printed the photos.
Now, a little while ago the sweet Kayla tagged me, so here are some of my quirks :
1. I LOVE dance movies - hip hop, ballet, jazz, ballroom - I just love watching people dance, and the movies about that and I wish that I could dance like them..lol..so a lot of wishful thinking. Just to mention a few that I really like : "Step Up", "Centre Stage" and "Save the Last Dance"
2. My mum and I share quite a few personality quirks (actually, it's more like I've picked up some quirks of mums), which amuses my sisters and Dad to no end because we haven't lived together, or even near each other now for about ten years, but even still I say & do things that are very "mum" things to do.
3. Indecision frustrates me.
4. I gesture when I'm on the phone.
5. I love playing word games - Scrabble, Scattergories, Pictionary, Taboo but really don't like Charades.
6. I don't like sleeping with the bedroom door open - I feel too exposed to possible intruders...paranoid, I know.
7. I have a really broad taste in music - jazz, alternative, folk, blues, rock, R&B, pop. I love lots of stuff and I tend to hold onto CD's that have a sentimental value even if I will never listen to them again (aka Jeremy Jordan..lol)
Ok, I hope everyone has had a great weekend too. Oh, and how exciting - I got my confirmation for the Heidi Swapp day in December in Melbourne - woo hoo! Can't wait! (Hey Vita - did you end up getting a ticket?)
Chat later :-)