Saturday, March 22, 2008

Some things I'm loving...

Lately I have been finding a lot of inspiration on interior blogs and etsy artists. The world of creative people out in the world is just awe-inspiring and I have been trying to control myself and not go 'art' nuts and buy work from everyone...it's very tempting but futile with the lack of wall space to display it on...he he

But I thought I would share a couple of my favourites that I have actually purchased, all in anticipation of our new extension.

This first one is a print by the fabulous etsy artist
  • Johanna Wright
  • called "Ukulele Days". I think I was her first australian customer which is pretty cool, but I just love her whimsical paintings. I'm already eyeing off another one called "Band Practice"...anyway, this is for Alannah's room :-)

    Aren't these frames cool? They are self-adhesive wall art from Elly Nelly. Love them! Elly Nelly have some awesome designs including an adorable but funky little monkey hanging from a branch - would look awesome in an animal themed bedroom. I've got these frames on order in black...I'm thinking of featuring them on a coloured wall or canvas in the foyer...hmmm...fun!

    We all had a lovely day yesterday. Roh and I took the kids to see "Horton Hears a Who" at the movies. Lana watched it all but Jude fell asleep about 15 minutes before it ended. Very cute movie, and quite a few funny bits too. Would recommend it. Then the kids and headed out with Reeze & Bodie, down to Birdsland for a walk and to feed the ducks. Beautiful afternoon for it.

    I've been scrapping quite a bit lately but unfortunately nothing I can share yet...all FK's secret squirrel stuff :-P. New For Keeps is out next week though, so that will be cool - loved the brief for the issue and I can't wait to see what the other girls came up with.

    We've got a quiet day at home today, which is nice, and then a family day trip to Walhalla tomorrow. Apparently there is some historic train thingy that hubby wants to see...I'll take my camera :-P but I'm sure it will be fab just be out and about for the day.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Hugs,
    K
    xx

    eta - sorry about the link - tried to add html, and let's just say..it didn't work properly :-P

    2 comments:

    mezzo mish said...

    Walhalla is wonderful, have a great time...Cant wait to see the new issue of For Keeps and check out your latest layouts/projects...and cant wait for Issue 66 too! :-)
    I love the wall-art btw.

    sylvia said...

    wow, that picture looks awesome, kelly, thanks for sharing. will check her out soon!