The wall between living and kitchen came down...
Kitchen roof being removed...
Window gone. Starting to remove the wall...
* bracing that actually wasn't bracing anything
* timber being used as supporting beams that were recycled with cut-outs in them, removing their supporting capability
* weatherboards which looked fine from the front, but were burnt charcoal on the back
* the name of previous owners "renovators" written on internal walls and timber - lol - we are not quite sure why they would want to put their name to what was our house...hmm
* second-hand insulation - but only in small sections of wall
* second-hand plasterboard
Ok, so lots of things that weren't so good. So happy it's all being fixed up now..or re-done :-P
Will be back with some photos from our trip to S.A. soon.
Have a great Friday!